Measuring your Food Loss and Waste is central to reducing it
You can only manage what you measure. Your business needs to understand where loss and waste is occurring and from such an understanding, better business decisions can be made.
Empauer Pty Ltd has created DIRECT, a software tool designed to measure, pinpoint, track, assess and enable you to reduce your food waste and associated costs.
DIRECT allows you to:
- map food and non-food material flows (inc. associated costs) across your food supply chain,
- quantify your business’ ‘true cost of waste’, and
- undertake scenario comparisons to reduce costs and increase resource efficiency.
New income streams may eventuate because of DIRECT’s findings, resulting in food waste no longer costing your business and instead providing an additional source of revenue.
DIRECT provides you with a gold standard compliance framework. The tool is aligned to international standards and protocols in aimed at reducing waste such as:
- The Food Loss and Waste Accounting and Reporting Standard (FLW Standard), developed by the global and multi-stakeholder FLW Protocol and
- ISO Standards on Environmental Management – Material Flow Cost Accounting (MFCA): General Framework (051), Supply Chain (052) and Guidance for phased implementation (053).
These alignments provide consistency, flexibility and both internal and public reporting value. DIRECT’s interface, data gathering options, input data, terminology, and reporting are all aligned to these global standards, allowing enhanced credibility and trust in the quality of your results and reporting, which will be comparable to other studies done around the globe, thereby placing the results in a meaningful context.